Association of American Medical Colleges: The AAMC serves and leads the academic medicine community to improve the health of all.
The vision of the AAMC and its members is a healthy nation and world in which:
- America's system of medical education, through continual renewal and innovation, prepares physicians and scientists to meet the nation's evolving health needs
- The nation's medical students, biomedical graduate students, residents, fellows, faculty, and the health care workforce are diverse and culturally competent
- Advances in medical knowledge, therapies, and technologies prevent disease, alleviate suffering, and improve quality of life
- The nation's health system meets the needs of all
Concern for compassion, quality, safety, efficacy, accountability, affordability, professionalism, and the public good guide the health care community
- Medical schools and teaching hospitals continually earn the trust and support of the public for their special missions
- The AAMC and its members are a dynamic force in realizing this vision.